Monday, July 31, 2006

The Best Festival ever for a Fiver

It's got to be it.

I was at the Ben & Jerry's Sundae festival (on Saturday) and I had such a feel good, wholesome time. Everything's about being good to the environment, to yourself, to your friends. Even with kids.

From bio-degradable plastic bottles (I was very very skecptical about this... apparently the bottle disintergrate after 12 weeks. I will let you know the results in October.) to make trade fair and toe wrestling to mosaic painting to help save the world. It is just fantastic.

Now wait for this.

There were FREE ICE CREAM ALL ROUND.

Every tub and scoop of B&J's flavour, even their new ones and those frozen yoghurt things... It's all free! As much as you want!

And there's the music.










It's really refreshing to see a band like this in the world of 'skinny jeans only please'. And they played some great stuff as well.

At the end of it, they handed out B&J tubs with compost and seeds, complete with instructions, so you can go home and plant your own tree.

I'm sold.

Which makes me think about the role of advertising sometimes.

It's Fruitstock this weekend. I hope there's free smoothie.

janson

No comments: